Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Mashed Cannellini Beans and Harissa Sauce
Ingredients38 m servings 312
- Mix roasted red pepper, shallot, garlic, 1 teaspoon olive oil, mint, lime juice, Dijon mustard, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, coriander, 1 pinch black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl to make harissa sauce.
- Combine cannellini beans and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine drained beans, 2 teaspoons truffle oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush mushroom caps on both sides with 4 teaspoons olive oil; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill mushrooms, gill-side up, basting frequently with vegetable broth, about 4 minutes per side.
- Top each mushroom cap with 1/2 cup bean puree and 2 tablespoons of harissa sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Harissa sauce can be made the night before.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 10 44.8 17.1 0 1192 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
There is a lot going on here and these are a lot of work but worth it in the end. All of the flavors come together nicely and also has nice presentation. The bean/truffle oil was my favorite par...
As an avowed carnivore, I don't cook pure veggie meals very often, but I made this for a pot luck at work, so our lone vegetarian would have something he could actually eat. At first glance, it...
This recipe is awesome!!! It has a flavor that is amazingly similar to a steak but with a different texture. This is an excellent recipe choice for someone on a restricted diet or trying to cu...
Since it was 15 degrees outside I skipped grilling the caps and broiled them in the oven. Loved the whole recipe and the flavors! I didn't add too much water to the beans - about a 1/4 cup and...