Ingredients1 h 24 m servings 517
- Mix paprika, cumin, salt, cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and place them in a resealable plastic bag. Sprinkle paprika mixture over chicken thighs; massage the bag to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in a tagine over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Cook and stir fennel, onion, and garlic in the tagine. Stir in half of the garbanzo beans, chicken broth, 1/2 cup green olives, harissa, 1/2 of the preserved lemon, and ginger.
- Lay chicken over garbanzo bean mixture; sprinkle remaining olives on top. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine remaining garbanzo beans with 2 tablespoons of broth from the tagine in a food processor or blender; blend into a thin paste.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish. Stir garbanzo bean paste into the tagine. Simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes. Spoon broth mixture over chicken.
- Garnish with remaining preserved lemon and toasted almonds.
Per Serving: 517 calories; 28.5 31.4 36 102 3351 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this on the stove top in a dutch oven. I make tagine quite often as my husband spent his childhood in Morocco and both of us found this very good. The fennel is unusual in tagine which is...
We served the (red) Harissa separately at the table and were careful with the Cayenne (we're Dutch). In stead of couscous we ate wholewheat pittabread with Humous. It was a great meal!
I made some modifications, making it less spicy to accommodate a guest with a nursing infant and added breasts as well as thighs. Turned out amazing! The best part is how the breast was as tende...