Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer dukka mixture to a spice grinder; grind into a smooth powder.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon dukka and mushrooms; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms release most of their moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Stir chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, vegetable stock, apricots, parsley, honey, tomato puree, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, sugar, salt, and pepper into the pot. Cover and simmer until flavors combine, about 15 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon dukka. Cook, stirring frequently, until tagine thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- Mix 1 tablespoon dukka into the yogurt; serve alongside tagine.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 fresh bay leaf for the dried bay leaves if desired.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 9.1 45.9 9.3 0 667 Full nutrition