Jan's Chocolate Coffee Bean Bark
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 66
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Line a 9x14-inch baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place coffee beans in a food processor and pulse a few times just until coarsely chopped.
- Melt milk chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, about 5 minutes. Add shortening to make melted milk chocolate smoother; stir until smooth. Stir coffee beans into melted milk chocolate until coated.
- Pour milk chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading mixture to the edges. Refrigerate.
- Melt dark chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, about 5 minutes. Add shortening to make melted dark chocolate smoother; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted dark chocolate over refrigerated milk chocolate mixture, spreading evenly over the top. Refrigerate until set, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel the silicone mat from the bottom of the chocolate mixture and place onto a work surface. Cut into pieces using a sharp knife. The bark will crack and break as you go.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use white chocolate or flavored coffee beans or add dried fruits and chopped nuts. Be creative!
Per Serving: 66 calories; 4.1 8.8 0.3 0 2 Full nutrition