Dark Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread with Greek Yogurt
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 250
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk hot water and cocoa powder in a large bowl until smooth.
- Combine mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in another large bowl; mix well. Fold in flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Mix half of the banana mixture into the cocoa mixture until well combined.
- Spoon banana mixture and cocoa mixture into the prepared pan, alternating between the two.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- It tastes wonderful with flavored Greek yogurt.
- Use 3 bananas if your bananas are small.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 11.6 33.1 4.4 59 273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
YUM!! I've been using AllRecipes for over 15 years but this is the first review I've ever written. It seemed appropriate that it's also the first review for this recipe. I did make a few changes...
Thank you for posting this recipe, Chef V ! I made the recipe without changing anything. I used the Fage 5% Greek Yogurt. With the layering, there was almost a jellyroll-type design on the ...
Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread gets 5 * * * * * stars in my book. I followed the recipe except used regular yogurt did not have any Greek yogurt. Also, as a experiment added chocolate chips to t...
This was delicious! I replaced 1/2 the butter for an applesauce container, to save on some fat, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. This is definitely not a sweet bread, but it is very ...
Great cake! Made 1.5x the recipe and baked in a 9x13”pan for 40 min. Added 1 tbsp white sugar to cocoa and water. Used 2 tsp of vanilla and split it between the cocoa mix and the liquids. Not...
Sour cream is a good substitute for yogurt if you don't have it. Very moist and just chocolaty enough. Friends always want more.
Scrumptious! I didn't change the recipe at all, but I did add some chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips to the batter. Yummy!
Tasty, not too sweet. I was out of time, so I baked in an 8x8 pan for ~35 minutes. Delish.