Ingredients1 h 38 m servings 196 cals
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until soft, about 3 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth. Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat to medium and cook until soft, about 45 minutes.
- Stir kale, Swiss chard, and mustard greens into the broth; simmer until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, thyme, pepper, and salt. Let soup cool, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender; puree until smooth. Pour back into the pot and reheat, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- It would be interesting to try this recipe with various mixtures of greens. This was an interesting combination; I made it with fingers crossed, but it turned out great!
- Substitute water for the vegetable broth if desired.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup if preferred.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 8.5 g fat; 20.6 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1011 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I really liked this.. the nutritional yeast gives it almost a cheesy flavor and covers an bitterness you might get from greens. The only thing I would change is maybe a bit less broth. I added...
This was excellent. I added carrots and celery and I didn’t have collards so I only used kale and chard. I also did not good process it. Very much enjoyed by the whole family.