Ingredients57 m servings 262
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir cumin seeds until they sizzle, about 30 seconds. Stir in green chile peppers, ginger, and garlic; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and sugar; cook and stir until onion is almost browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, turmeric, coriander, and red chile powder into the saucepan. Cook until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer onion and tomato mixture to a food processor; process into a smooth paste.
- Pour paste back into the saucepan. Add jackfruit; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in garam masala and salt. Serve garnished with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- If using raw jackfruit, cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 11.5 34.2 3.5 0 685 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this with fresh jackfruit that was a bit over-ripe, but this recipe was delicious nonetheless. I had to search a bit to find that one 20 oz can is about 3 cups. That proportion seemed rig...
I used Detroit spice instead of garam Masala. I was short on jackfruit so I added Winter squash. I used a crock pot for little more simmer and cut back on spice
Made it exactly according to recipe the first time; it was easy and delicious, though a bit hot for my gringo palate. I have made it several times since and have discovered that, for convenience...