Jackfruit Curry (Kathal Subzi)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 262 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir cumin seeds until they sizzle, about 30 seconds. Stir in green chile peppers, ginger, and garlic; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and sugar; cook and stir until onion is almost browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, turmeric, coriander, and red chile powder into the saucepan. Cook until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer onion and tomato mixture to a food processor; process into a smooth paste.
- Pour paste back into the saucepan. Add jackfruit; cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in garam masala and salt. Serve garnished with cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- If using raw jackfruit, cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 11.5 g fat; 34.2 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 685 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1