Ingredients30 m servings 252
- Butterfly or pound steak with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 6 strips, approximately 2 inches wide by 5 inches long. Season both sides with Montreal steak seasoning and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to Medium-High on the "Grill" setting.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish; drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus for 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat oven to Medium-High on "Grill" setting.
- Line up steak strips next to each other in an assembly line. Cover evenly with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears on top, perpendicular to each steak strip. Top asparagus with 1 red pepper strip.
- Roll steak tightly around asparagus, angling it diagonally to avoid overlapping the steak. Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill steak bundles for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to buy thinner asparagus spears, approximately 22 to 24 spears per 1/2 pound.
- To save time, you can ask your butcher to butterfly the skirt steak. Alternatively, place steak in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make butterflying easier.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 15.4 7.1 22.2 50 1925 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I am the recipe submitter and was asked to create a recipe for the Panasonic countertop induction oven, hence the oven-specific directions. However, these steak bundles are also equally as del...
I made these on the gas grill. I blanched the Asparagus for 2 minutes then set to rolling. I used 1/2 a fresh red pepper jullianed vs the jarred. I made 10 bundles. I got flap meat, about 2....
Happened to have cubed steak & asparagus & this worked out wonderfully. I am way too lazy to pound things thinner or pin it up nice or prep the asparagus other than cutting off the ends (man I a...
Holy , this is amazing. No idea why anyone would post a recipe using times/temps/settings on a specific device hardly anyone would own, here's what I did. Coat the asparagus with oil, salt, pe...
I totally forgot to add the additional 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top, but you know what? I didn't miss it one bit! These were DELICIOUS! The only change I made (besides forgetting the a...
Yum! Grocery didn't have skirt steak, so I used sirloin and just pounded thin. Made my own "Montreal" seasoning(from Allrecipes). Definitely want to use thin asparagus(less tough) if availabl...
It was delicious and easy! I didn't use the pepper. I put some fresh minced garlic and less cheese on the inside. I served it with fresh squeezed lemon and rice. I cooked it on my George Foreman...
It was delicious. I used rib eye steak and dried Parmesan cheese. The red from the roasted peppers (jared) and green asparagus made it perfect for a Christmas appetizer. Next time I'll try fre...