Ingredients30 m servings 252
- Butterfly or pound steak with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 6 strips, approximately 2 inches wide by 5 inches long. Season both sides with Montreal steak seasoning and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to Medium-High on the "Grill" setting.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish; drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus for 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat oven to Medium-High on "Grill" setting.
- Line up steak strips next to each other in an assembly line. Cover evenly with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Place 3 to 4 asparagus spears on top, perpendicular to each steak strip. Top asparagus with 1 red pepper strip.
- Roll steak tightly around asparagus, angling it diagonally to avoid overlapping the steak. Secure with a toothpick.
- Grill steak bundles for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to buy thinner asparagus spears, approximately 22 to 24 spears per 1/2 pound.
- To save time, you can ask your butcher to butterfly the skirt steak. Alternatively, place steak in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make butterflying easier.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 15.4 7.1 22.2 50 1925 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I am the recipe submitter and was asked to create a recipe for the Panasonic countertop induction oven, hence the oven-specific directions. However, these steak bundles are also equally as del...
I made these on the gas grill. I blanched the Asparagus for 2 minutes then set to rolling. I used 1/2 a fresh red pepper jullianed vs the jarred. I made 10 bundles. I got flap meat, about 2....
Happened to have cubed steak & asparagus & this worked out wonderfully. I am way too lazy to pound things thinner or pin it up nice or prep the asparagus other than cutting off the ends (man I a...
Holy , this is amazing. No idea why anyone would post a recipe using times/temps/settings on a specific device hardly anyone would own, here's what I did. Coat the asparagus with oil, salt, pe...
I totally forgot to add the additional 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top, but you know what? I didn't miss it one bit! These were DELICIOUS! The only change I made (besides forgetting the a...
This is a delicious steak roll!!! Made it several times (although without the red peppers, honestly doesn’t need them). Tried to make them in the oven with the broiler and it just doesn’t come o...
Yum! Grocery didn't have skirt steak, so I used sirloin and just pounded thin. Made my own "Montreal" seasoning(from Allrecipes). Definitely want to use thin asparagus(less tough) if availabl...
It was delicious and easy! I didn't use the pepper. I put some fresh minced garlic and less cheese on the inside. I served it with fresh squeezed lemon and rice. I cooked it on my George Foreman...