Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 283
- Combine chicken strips and fajita marinade in a large bowl. Let marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Clean heads of romaine lettuce; cut in half from end to end. Brush halved romaine lettuce with oil-garlic mixture.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to the oil-garlic mixture. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the romaine cut-side down on the oiled grill. Cook just until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- If you have a grill basket, spread marinated chicken evenly in the basket; otherwise, thread chicken and vegetables on skewers. Grill chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken in the basket, add the vegetables, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 10 minutes more.
- Slice grilled lettuce and place on serving plates. Divide chicken and vegetables evenly over the grilled romaine lettuce.
- Panasonic CIO Directions:
- Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to High on the "Grill" setting. Grill the romaine on heated grill pan as directed in Step 5. Set aside to cool.
- Spread marinated chicken evenly in the hot grill pan; top with the peppers and onions. Cook for 5 minutes. Toss the chicken and vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more. Verify that the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) by using an instant-read thermometer. Arrange salad as directed.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 10.2 19.6 26.6 65 1738 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Love this salad! This recipe has all the flavors I love in fajitas, but without the tortilla. Since I am going low carb, this was a delight! I have had grilled romaine at a restaurant, before...
I thought this recipe was super yummy & a nice way to do mexican without all the calories. The only thing I’ll do differently next time is not grill the lettuce and use them as lettuce wraps the...
Very good. We topped it with homemade pico de gallo and a little siracha sour cream. Es muy bueno!
Chicken fajitas is one of my favorite dishes so when I saw this salad I had to try it. Loved the simplicity of this. The Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven made this such a breeze to prepare. I...