Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 283 cals
- Combine chicken strips and fajita marinade in a large bowl. Let marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Clean heads of romaine lettuce; cut in half from end to end. Brush halved romaine lettuce with oil-garlic mixture.
- Add sliced peppers and onions to the oil-garlic mixture. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the romaine cut-side down on the oiled grill. Cook just until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- If you have a grill basket, spread marinated chicken evenly in the basket; otherwise, thread chicken and vegetables on skewers. Grill chicken for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken in the basket, add the vegetables, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the chicken reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 10 minutes more.
- Slice grilled lettuce and place on serving plates. Divide chicken and vegetables evenly over the grilled romaine lettuce.
- Panasonic CIO Directions:
- Preheat Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven to High on the "Grill" setting. Grill the romaine on heated grill pan as directed in Step 5. Set aside to cool.
- Spread marinated chicken evenly in the hot grill pan; top with the peppers and onions. Cook for 5 minutes. Toss the chicken and vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more. Verify that the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) by using an instant-read thermometer. Arrange salad as directed.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 10.2 g fat; 19.6 g carbohydrates; 26.6 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 1738 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Love this salad! This recipe has all the flavors I love in fajitas, but without the tortilla. Since I am going low carb, this was a delight! I have had grilled romaine at a restaurant, before...
Very good. We topped it with homemade pico de gallo and a little siracha sour cream. Es muy bueno!
Chicken fajitas is one of my favorite dishes so when I saw this salad I had to try it. Loved the simplicity of this. The Panasonic Countertop Induction Oven made this such a breeze to prepare. I...