Italian Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I got this delicious recipe from a family friend when looking for something to do with all the extra Cubanelle peppers in my garden. I love the versatility in this recipe because I have a vegetarian; I omit the sausage in the mixture when making a batch for her, and everyone can enjoy this flavorful dish. It can be served with your favorite Italian pasta sauce for extra flair. It's delicious with side of pasta and fresh Italian garlic bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 36 m servings 273
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain excess grease and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet; cook and stir onion and garlic until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sausage, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, rice, Romano cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir Cubanelle peppers until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stuff Cubanelle peppers with rice mixture, using a teaspoon to push it into the tip. Arrange stuffed peppers in a 10x13-inch baking dish; cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Peppers can be prepared ahead of time to save prep time. They also freeze nicely for a make-ahead meal.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 14.9 16.3 19.1 81 847 Full nutrition