Ingredients20 m servings 250
- Slice jackfruit into long triangles. Squeeze out excess moisture over a colander.
- Mix lemon juice, nutritional yeast, vegetable oil, garlic, sesame oil, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, paprika, allspice, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add jackfruit; mix and knead thoroughly to coat with lemon juice mixture.
- Melt vegan margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook jackfruit in batches until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The seasoned jackfruit is ready to cook immediately, but flavors will mingle more if you cover it and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Avoid overcooking jackfruit; it becomes mealy and mushy, losing the texture for which it is valued.
Per Serving: 250 calories; 17.3 17.7 2.6 0 1767 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe is much too salty. I was going to only put the one tablespoon of salt into the mix, but being the first time making this, I went ahead with the whole am't. BIG MISTAKE! Probably on...
I’ll make it again, but put a little less lemon juice. Other than that, very tasty.