Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients32 m servings 191 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Rub in cubed butter with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal. Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
- Whisk 5 tablespoons heavy cream, honey, and egg together in a small bowl. Pour over the flour mixture; mix gently with your hands until dough just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Pat dough into a 6-inch round about 1 inch thick. Cut dough into 12 rounds using a round cutter.
- Transfer rounds to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream over the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute spelt flour for the whole wheat pastry flour if desired.
- If dough appears dry in step 3, add an extra tablespoon of cream.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 11.5 g fat; 20.5 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 161 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1