Paleo Stuffed Cabbage
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 423
- Combine tomatoes, chicken broth, 1 clove garlic, and 1 teaspoon parsley in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add tomato paste. Fill the can 1/4 of the way with hot water; swirl to dissolve any tomato paste remaining in the can and pour into the saucepan. Season sauce with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer until flavors combine, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix beef, pork, onion, 3 cloves garlic, basil, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a large bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons sea salt. Add cauliflower; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Add 1 head of cabbage to the boiling water; cook for 5 minutes. Remove with the slotted spoon. Repeat with second cabbage. Separate cabbage leaves.
- Shred cauliflower and zucchini in a food processor fitted with the shredder disk. Add enough to the beef mixture so there is an equal ratio of both. Stir in eggs and almond flour.
- Lay 1 cabbage leaf on a flat surface. Roll 1 tablespoon of the beef mixture into a log and place in the middle of the leaf. Overlap with the bottom of the leaf; fold in opposing edges and roll up. Repeat with remaining leaves and beef mixture.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with a layer of tomato sauce. Arrange cabbage rolls seam-side down in the dish; cover with remaining tomato sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling, about 1 hour.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sea salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 20.4 35.7 30 118 2159 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This was my first time to even stuffed cabbage and I used turkey instead of beef. The instructions were so easy to follow and the taste was outstanding. I will make these again.
Easily a new weekend favorite and perfect for making large batches for week lunch prep. Love the addition of the cauliflower and zucchini which makes me feel like I'm making healthier choices. O...
These were tasty little morsels, but the prep time and the number of steps make it unlikely that I repeat this. I prepared exactly as directed, and I did not change any ingredients, except to u...
This was awesome. I will make this again and again. We loved it