Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 54 m servings 217
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place garbanzo beans in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let soak 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add garbanzo beans; reduce heat and simmer until almost tender, about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Spread garbanzo beans on a baking sheet and remove skins.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, garlic, and fennel seeds; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, vegetable broth, and tomatoes. Simmer soup until garbanzo beans are tender, about 15 minutes. Add grape tomatoes and spinach leaves; cook for 2 minutes.
- Season soup with parsley, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute dried herbs for the fresh herbs if desired.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 5.7 34.3 8 0 709 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1