Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 46 m servings 707 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine half-and-half, sugar, and condensed milk in a large pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a gentle boil; simmer until reduced by half, about 55 minutes.
- Dissolve 2 slices of bread in the half-and-half mixture; blend mixture with an immersion blender until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan. Fry remaining bread slices in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Slice bread diagonally; layer slices in a 9x12-inch baking dish. Pour in enough of the half-and-half mixture to evenly soak the slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Flip bread slices and continue baking, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 707 calories; 25.5 g fat; 110.5 g carbohydrates; 11.8 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 498 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1