Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 70 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 cups)
- Mix tahini, lemon juice, cumin, fennel, salt, pepper, and hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic powder in the hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in 1 1/2 cup water. Whisk in chickpea flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in remaining 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Scrape chickpea mixture into a large bowl using a rubber spatula. Add tahini mixture; whisk until well incorporated.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 3 cloves minced garlic for the garlic powder if desired.
- Serve hummus immediately or place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 5.7 g fat; 3.8 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 17 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We'd all love a blenderless hummus recipe. Alas, this is not it. The problem is that the moment the chickpea flour touches the hot liquid it seizes up. No amount of whisking unclumped them. I th...