Yam Blinis with Brown Sugar-Ginger Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients36 m servings 317 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 blinis)
- Dissolve white sugar and yeast in warmed milk. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Pierce yam in several places in a fork. Cook in the microwave until soft, about 7 minutes. Mash with a fork on a small plate.
- Whisk egg and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
- Sift whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add milk mixture, mashed yam, and egg mixture; stir until batter is the consistency of sour cream.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; grease with cooking spray. Drop 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet; cook until edges are dry, 30 to 40 seconds. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet between batches.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, ginger, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until smooth and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour over blinis.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 3.7 g fat; 62.5 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 214 mg sodium. Full nutrition