Gluten-Free Fried Clams
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 1 m servings 332
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 dozen fried clams)
- Place shucked clams in a small bowl. Pour in milk; toss clams gently with a fork to cover evenly. Let soak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, masa harina, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a plastic container with a lid. Seal container and shake to blend flour mixture.
- Remove clams one at a time from the milk and place in the flour mixture; shake gently to coat. Shake off excess flour and place on a plate.
- Heat 3/4 inch oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer. Fry clams in small batches until golden brown and crispy, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Cook's Note:
- Reserve clam juice for another use if you like.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of milk. The actual amount of milk consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 19.8 22.8 15.9 60 499 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1