Never-Fail Gluten-Free Pie Crust
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 185
- Place brown rice flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add butter to the bag one cube at a time, shaking to coat each cube evenly with flour. Seal bag and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and vinegar together in a small bowl. Place in the refrigerator.
- Pour gluten-free flour into a large bowl. Cut in butter with your fingers until mixture resembles pebbles with some large lumps of butter remaining. Stir in egg and vinegar mixture. Mix in water one tablespoon at a time until dough is no longer sticky and forms a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and roll out to desired thickness on a lightly floured work surface.
- Cook's Note:
- This pie crust freezes well both before and after baking.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 12.9 16.5 3.1 54 91 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used a flour that is mostly tapioca and potato starch. I rolled it out between 2 sheets of parchment paper and it worked like a charm! My mom will be so happy to have homemade pie again. Than...
Can you add a temperature and bake time? I baked at 400degrees F for 5mins and then added a precooked filling. Reduced the temperature to 380dgrees F for 15-20minutes:)