Ingredients20 m servings 235
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Grease with cooking spray.
- Combine oats and almond milk in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg yolk and butter together in a small bowl; stir into oat mixture.
- Beat egg white in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Stir brown sugar and baking powder into the oat mixture. Fold beaten egg white gently into the batter.
- Scoop 1/2 cup batter onto the preheated iron and spread to the edges. Close iron and cook until iron stops steaming, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute cow, rice, or soy milk for the almond milk if desired.
Per Serving: 235 calories; 12.4 25.9 5.9 69 233 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had my doubts as I assembled the ingredients, but this turned out to be delicious! Followed the reviews and added 1 tsp cinnamon and vanilla. Next time I'll try it in the Vitamix to get a smoo...
I eat gluten free and eat oatmeal regularly, so for me the recipe was great as written. I served them with a side of chunky applesauce to offset the natural dryness of the oatmeal. I’ll need to ...
I'm rating this with 4 stars because, as written, they are a little flavor lacking. The second time I made them I used "buttermilk" (made from 3/4 cup organic soy milk and 2 TBLS fresh squeezed...