0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 97
Original recipe yields 49 servings (49 bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix oats, flour, 1 cup brown sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press a little over half of the crumbly mixture into the bottom of a 10x15-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until starting to brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, dates, apricots, and orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, breaking up any clumps, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Cool filling slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls of warm filling over the crust. Spread evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture evenly over the filling; press gently into the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cut into 1-1/4x2-inch bars with a pastry cutter while still hot. Cool bars in the pan, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If the filling becomes too thick in step 5, thin with enough additional orange juice to make it easily spreadable.
Per Serving: 97 calories; 3.1 16.9 1.1 7 88 Full nutrition