Ingredients2 h 3 m servings 591
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Dice chicken and place in a bowl; add ranch mix and stir until coated.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in the skillet. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Heat reserved bacon grease in the skillet; cook and stir bell pepper until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, 1 jar Alfredo sauce, milk, and garlic; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Pour 1/2 the jar of remaining Alfredo sauce into a casserole dish; top with 1/2 of the penne, 1/2 of the chicken mixture, 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 of the bacon. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients in the same order ending with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Any variety of pasta can be used in place of the penne. Substitute Italian cheese blend for the mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 34.3 33.9 37.2 106 1407 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
My family loved it! I'll be making this again. Followed advice and just stirred pasta and ingredients together and threw into baking dish.
Delicious! Halved the recipe (there's only 3 of us) and added onions. It was great!
Great recipe. I did double the green peppers and added some summer squash and onion. Next time, I will reduce the amount of pasta. Everyone loved it. I would make it over and over and I thin...
I made this last night. This is a great Alfredo pasta recipe. Very rich in flavor. The prep/cook time for me was a bit long & my kitchen a disaster but that is my not very organized cooking sty...
I made this today. I followed the recipe to T without any substitute. It came out beautiful. Everyone loves it. Soooo good. You could taste almost every recipe. It definitely goes on my favorit...
This was rich and delicious. I made a huge amount in a large aluminum baking pan. I doubled the mozzarella and added more milk than it called for to the Alfredo, plus garlic and parmesan. It ma...
I used a rotisserie chicken instead but followed all other directions. I completed most of the steps simultaneously and that cut the prep time to about 30 minutes. It turned out delicious! I wi...