Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 244 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 scones)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add sweet potato, cover, and steam until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Strain into a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or a fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in sugar, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Add 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes; mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface; divide in half. Pat each half into a circle the size of a large dinner plate. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges to two 10x15-inch baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over scones before baking, if desired.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 4.7 g fat; 48 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 431 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1