Bettina M. Hornsby
Ingredients2 h servings 323
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt together into a bowl. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles small peas. Add vanilla. Mix in cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and wrap with plastic wrap; chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Beat softened butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make filling.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough into rectangles with a knife. Drop 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of the rectangles. Cover with remaining rectangles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Poke a few holes in the top of each pastry with a toothpick.
- Arrange pastries on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool pastries on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 23.3 26.5 2.9 61 237 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was such a FUN recipe to make!! Made it with my son and his friends last night -- and they're all in college!!! They loved the filling. I made my own frosting using 1/4 c confectioner's sug...
These tasted pretty good, but the dough was not the best. I made it exactly as written, and it was quite crumbly. I added a little more water, and it did come together eventually--though it was ...