Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 167
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- In a bowl, combine the oats, raisins, and seeds.
- Place the Marshmallow Creme, butter, and milk in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring with a heatproof spatula, until the marshmallow is mostly melted.
- Add the peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract. When a few lumps remain, remove the pot from the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the oat mixture and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the oat mixture in the prepared pan in an even layer. Moisten your hand lightly with water and press to pack it firmly.
- Refrigerate until the oat mixture sets.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chilled oats into 3 wide strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 8 bars. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- For the homemade marshmallow creme: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Let sit.
- Place the Stevia In The Raw in a small bowl and mix 1 tablespoon water into the stevia until it looks like soft marshmallow. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and corn syrup in a heavy medium-sized saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils and registers 225 degrees F on an instant-read or candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Continue boiling the sugar and when it reaches 235 degrees F (about 3 more minutes) start watching it carefully. When the thermometer registers 240 degrees F - "soft ball" stage - about 3 more minutes, immediately remove the pot from the heat.
- Promptly start beating the softened gelatin at medium speed and carefully pour the hot sugar syrup slowly down the side of the bowl in a thin stream.
- Add the stevia and vanilla. Increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture triples in volume and looks like Italian meringue or well-beaten whipped cream, 5 to 6 minutes. The creme will flow from the bottom of the whisk in an even, thick column.
- If not using Marshmallow Creme immediately, pack it into a plastic container, cover tightly, and store at room temperature for up to 2 days
Per Serving: 167 calories; 8 21.1 4.8 4 30 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1