Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, 1/2 cup cider, butter, 1 tablespoon Stevia In The Raw, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Immediately add flour and cinnamon and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon on the heat until mixture comes together. Continue stirring until dough is smooth and pulls away from sides of pan.
- Transfer dough to bowl or stand mixer and cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, stirring to completely incorporate each egg before adding the next. Dough should be smooth and shiny. Stir in apples. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine Sugar In The Raw(R), 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw, and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and cook syrup until deep amber colored, swirling pan as needed to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/3 cup cider. Stir until smooth. If caramel seems runny, simmer to reduce until thickened and syrupy. Stir in vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large heavy pot or deep skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees F.
- Drop tablespoons of dough into oil in batches of 8 and cook until golden all over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- To serve, drizzle beignets with caramel sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Optional Powdered Stevia for Dusting:
- Instead of cinnamon, you can combine 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw® and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a food processor and pulse to create a fine powder. Dust beignets with powdered stevia.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 25.5 34 5.5 125 337 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used sugar and baked them, rather than frying. They were very good - basicallya popover with apples.