Cherry Lattice Pie
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 348
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a food processor, pulse flour and salt to combine. Add butter and pulse until the size of small peas. Add 6 tablespoons water and pulse 15 times. (If dough is still dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just comes together.)
- Divide dough in half, shape into discs, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, stevia, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, pressing gently into the corners. Trim edges so the dough hangs 1/4 inch over the sides. Refrigerate.
- Roll out the rest of the dough as above, and cut into 3/4-inch wide strips.
- On a lightly floured cookie sheet, place half the dough strips 1/2-inch apart, then weave the remaining strips through them in a perpendicular, alternating over, under pattern.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and pour filling into it.
- Slide lattice off the cookie sheet directly on top of the pie.
- Trim lattice strips, leaving a 1/4-inch overhang.
- Tuck ends of the strips under the edge of the bottom crust, then crimp the edge.
- Brush top of the pie with milk and sprinkle with Sugar In The Raw, if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake until the juices are thick and bubbling, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 19.5 41.6 4.5 49 5 Full nutrition