Mini Rose Apple Pies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 11 m servings 291
Original recipe yields 9 servings (9 mini pies)
- Combine flour, white sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in cubed butter using a pastry blender, 2 knives, or your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until dough just comes together into a ball.
- Form the dough into a disc. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin with butter.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a well floured surface. Cut out nine 3 1/2-inch rounds using a biscuit cutter or floured glass. Press rounds into the muffin tin, pushing dough up the sides in the shape of a cup. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- Core apples by slicing around the core on 4 sides. Cut apples into very thin half moons using a mandolin or a very sharp knife. Toss apple slices with lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl; pour over apples and toss to combine. Microwave apples until pliable enough to roll, about 1 minute.
- Lay 10 apple slices in a horizontal line on a flat work surface with the skin side facing you; arrange slices so that each slice overlaps the previous slice by half. Roll up the slices tightly from one end to the other. Arrange 2 to 8 additional slices around the outside of each apple rose to reach desired size. Repeat with remaining slices to form 8 more apple roses.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a small bowl; brush over the bottom of each dough cup. Place an apple rose in each cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough turns golden and apples are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Pour strawberry preserves into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until liquid, about 30 seconds. Brush preserves over each apple rose.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Add additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if dough seems dry in step 2.
- Braeburn and Honeycrisp apples also work.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 15.6 37.4 2.1 41 71 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1