Almond Crunch Pound Cake
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 363 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine slivered almonds, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and milk in a small saucepan over low heat; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove topping from heat.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat 3/4 cup softened butter and almond paste in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition; stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and beat until batter is just mixed, about 1 minute more; pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon flour evenly over batter. Spoon the topping over the flour layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 21.2 g fat; 39 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 124 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The almond crunch topping sets this cake apart from other pound cakes. A bit dry and I would bake a few minutes less next time but could be how my oven runs. Make sure you start the testing pr...
This cake was so delicious! What could go wrong with butter and almond paste, two of my favorite ingredients! It's moist, buttery and melts in your mouth. The surgery topping is an added touch. ...