Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 140 cals
Original recipe yields 32 servings (4 8-inch pies)
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl. Cut butter into the flour mixture until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Lightly beat eggs together in a separate bowl; stir into butter-flour mixture. Add water and mix just until incorporated, using your hands to bring dough together.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface and cut into 4 portions. Refrigerate dough for 15 to 30 minutes before using.
- Cook's Notes:
- This is a large amount, but it's delicious pastry, great for meat pot pies or fruit pies. Roll it thinner for a crunchy texture or thicker for that biscuity crust.
- Substitute margarine for the butter, if desired.
- Substitute milk for the cold water, if desired.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 9.2 g fat; 12 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 177 mg sodium. Full nutrition