Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 213 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate and pierce skin 5 or 6 times. Cook in the microwave, rotating halfway through, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Peel and mash in a small bowl.
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk applesauce, eggs, and maple syrup together in a separate bowl. Mix in 1 cup mashed sweet potato.
- Pour applesauce mixture over flour mixture; stir to combine. Fold in walnuts. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes; invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute honey or agave syrup for the maple syrup if desired.
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts if desired.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 5 g fat; 38.2 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1