Graduation Pasta Salad
"We served this at our twin daughters' graduation open house. Since that time, it is our most requested pasta salad. My daughters will make batches of this to take back to college to share with their friends. Scale back the salt and MSG if it suits your tastes or needs, but in this recipe the amounts listed blend in very nicely."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 33 m servings 453
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse; transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and canola oil together in a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, seasoned salt, and flavor enhancer. Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate pasta mixture, tossing occasionally, until flavors combine, 8 hours to overnight.
- Bring pasta mixture to room temperature, about 1 hour. Stir in cucumbers, tomatoes, green olives, black olives, green bell pepper, and green onions; toss to distribute evenly.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute olive oil for the canola oil if desired.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 24.9 50 8.9 8 1539 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We love this pasta salad! I have been making it since I first found it in his recipe box (before it was published). It's such a different style of pasta salad, but the flavors are soooo good tog...