Sweet Potato Streusel Casserole with Coconut
"Sweet potatoes have been a holiday staple for many years and score 101 next to the regular white potato. Combining them with a coconut streusel topping is simply a divine union! This is the ultimate favorite holiday recipe not only for my immediate family, but hands down, my dad's too! I'm sure you'll receive a 5-star rating!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 384
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x11-inch dish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x11-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and measure 3 cups sweet potatoes; transfer back into the pot. Reserve remaining sweet potatoes for another use.
- Mix white sugar, milk, eggs, cubed butter, and vanilla extract into sweet potatoes using an electric mixer until completely smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- Combine pecans, coconut, brown sugar, flour, and melted butter in a bowl until evenly mixed and crumbly; sprinkle evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this dish ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake it. Allow the casserole to come to room temperature, then bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use fresh rather than canned sweet potatoes.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 19.6 50.3 4.3 59 152 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1