Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 38 m servings 475 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes.
- Mix cream of coconut and white rum together in a bowl. Poke holes in the hot cake with the end of a wooden spoon; pour cream of coconut mixture evenly over the cake. Chill cake, 8 hours to overnight.
- Mix remaining shredded coconut, crushed pineapple, and whipped topping together in a bowl. Spread evenly over the chilled cake. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Cream of coconut can usually be found in the mixers aisle at your grocery store.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 22 g fat; 53.7 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 286 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1