Coconut Pistachio Cookies
Ingredients28 m servings 135
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine shortening, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Beat slowly into the shortening mixture until thoroughly combined. Mix pistachios and coconut flakes into the dough using a large spoon or your hands until evenly distributed.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bottoms are a light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 6.2 18.1 2 12 80 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These are really tasty cookies - but for me, I felt like the baking time and temp were off. I followed the recipe to a "t" . . . and my first sheet pan, I put in the oven and set the timer for ...
Heavenly, creamy, but still contains that nutty texture. Took off one star because of the baking time that many others mentioned...I took a bite of my 9 minute cookie and realized there was stil...
I loved these pretty little cookies. I used salted pistachios so I did not add any additional salt. I loved the crunch of the chopped salty pistachios with the contrast of the sweet coconut. Ano...
They didn't spread at all during baking and came out a bit doughy on the inside. 8-10 minutes at 325 wasn't enough. I used another reviewers tip and did 12-13 minutes at 350 and the came out a b...