Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 19 m servings 734
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of four 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Combine devil's food cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Spread cake batter evenly in the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 24 to 29 minutes. Cool in the pans, about 30 minutes. Invert cakes onto a flat work surface and peel off parchment paper.
- Spread some chocolate frosting over each cake. Spread whipped cream over the chocolate frosting. Press strawberries into the whipped cream; cover with more whipped cream. Stack cake layer carefully.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the cake are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 734 calories; 37 97.2 7.9 80 584 Full nutrition