Ingredients45 m servings 278
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine white sugar, melted butter, and eggs in another bowl; whisk until smooth. Mix in bananas, cranberries, and 1/2 cup walnuts. Fold in flour mixture and mix until a lumpy batter forms.
- Spoon batter into lined cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Mix brown sugar and 3 tablespoons flour in a small bowl. Cut in cubed butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until pea-sized crumbles form. Mix in 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Sprinkle walnut crumble over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I prefer using butter for this recipe, but you can use oil or margarine.
- Pecans can be substituted for walnuts.
- Raisins or currants can be substituted for cranberries.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 12.1 41.1 3.8 42 183 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made half the recipe using gluten free flour and the other half with all purpose flour (all King Arthur flour, of course!). The gluten free bunch is still out on their review, but we who ate ...
I cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup in the batter, and that's all you need. These we're fantastic!
Really delicious but a little too sweet. I made it with truvia brown sugar blend on top and pecans, so that could be the reason. I would definitely make them again after cutting back on the suga...
These turned out beautifully! Moist with just the right amount of spice. The crunchy topping really set it above a plain banana muffin.