Instant Pot® Chocolate Cheesecake
7 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 48 m servings 568
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8-inch cheesecake)
- Wrap the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and salt in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared pan; press tightly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup. Freeze crust until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, Neufchatel cheese, and 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla. Beat in heavy cream.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in flour.
- Pour chocolate cream cheese mixture over the chilled crust. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 1/2 cup water into the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Place the steam rack in the pot; set springform pan on top. Close and lock the lid. Set timer for 45 minutes. Set to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool cheesecake to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Combine cherries, apricot jam, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until cherries are heated through and release some of their juices, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the cherry mixture until thick and glossy, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool glaze to room temperature.
- Pour glaze over cheesecake and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight. Remove the springform ring and transfer cheesecake to a serving platter.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute evaporated milk for the cream if desired.
- I couldn't get the trivet to fit, so I used a small metal bowl upside down inside the pot as a "support" for the springform pan. Worked great!
Per Serving: 568 calories; 32 64.8 9.4 102 420 Full nutrition