Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 1393
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease pint jars with 1 tablespoon shortening.
- Soak raisins in hot water until plump, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine sugar, 1 cup shortening, and eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in raisins. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; beat until blended. Fold zucchini, walnuts, and vanilla extract into the batter.
- Divide batter among greased jars, filling each one 2/3 full. Arrange jars on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Turn off oven, keeping jars inside. Remove jars one at a time from the oven using oven mitts; trim off excess cake, wipe rims, and screw on lids.
- Place jars several inches apart on a cloth-covered or wood surface and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Store jars in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use this technique for any bread that does not have dairy products in it (except eggs).
Per Serving: 1393 calories; 78.7 163.6 17.8 140 1308 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is good recipe. I have been canning sweet breads for about 20 years. Apple, banana, cherry and orange cranberry to name few. They've been mailed to Iraq, South America and a few...
used it with a couple different recipes and they all turned out great. Also done some 1/4 pint jars for a recipe exchange bridal shower