Ingredients30 m servings 406 cals
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lime juice and shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute per side. Transfer shrimp to a small bowl.
- Pour diced tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, and crushed red pepper into the pan. Cook until mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce, and Thai basil. Cook until mixture has heated through. Transfer shrimp back to the pan, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve with a lime wedge and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find Thai basil, regular basil will do. If you like things on the spicy side, adjust the crushed red pepper to your liking.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 29.2 g fat; 14.4 g carbohydrates; 26.2 g protein; 193 mg cholesterol; 1221 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Followed the recipe exactly but added more veggies small Chinese eggplant/long string green beans /carrot/zucchini and added the shrimp to the sauce during the last 4 minutes. Restaurant qualit...
Great recipe! You get a lot of flavor from this dish in a short amount of time. It's creamy, rich, hearty and customizably spicy. I substituted eggplant for the mushrooms (not a mushroom fan) bu...
I made this last night and added my own twist on it, put in some colorful sweet peppers and asparagus. It turned out awesome, however I hate measuring and just dump stuff in, so mine turned out ...
Just the right amount of heat. Next time, I will add more vegetables as there is lots of sauce.
This was yummy! We added some red peppers and fresh tomato, and used curry powder that a friend brought us from India. The Thai basil from the garden was the finishing touch! This certainly h...
We enjoyed this curry. We added some extra veggies (carrots, red pepper & kale) and used a few less shrimp, but other than that followed the other ingredients. Definitely a keeper. Hunts dice...