Ingredients30 m servings 406
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lime juice and shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute per side. Transfer shrimp to a small bowl.
- Pour diced tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, and crushed red pepper into the pan. Cook until mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce, and Thai basil. Cook until mixture has heated through. Transfer shrimp back to the pan, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve with a lime wedge and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find Thai basil, regular basil will do. If you like things on the spicy side, adjust the crushed red pepper to your liking.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 29.2 14.4 26.2 193 1221 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Followed the recipe exactly but added more veggies small Chinese eggplant/long string green beans /carrot/zucchini and added the shrimp to the sauce during the last 4 minutes. Restaurant qualit...
This was yummy! We added some red peppers and fresh tomato, and used curry powder that a friend brought us from India. The Thai basil from the garden was the finishing touch! This certainly h...
Great recipe! You get a lot of flavor from this dish in a short amount of time. It's creamy, rich, hearty and customizably spicy. I substituted eggplant for the mushrooms (not a mushroom fan) bu...
I made this last night and added my own twist on it, put in some colorful sweet peppers and asparagus. It turned out awesome, however I hate measuring and just dump stuff in, so mine turned out ...
Fantastic flavor. I purchased cooked, deveined, shell removed shrimp. I added the cooked shrimp to the onion, garlic and ginger to warm them. The only other substitution I made was using Thai Re...
My family loved it! We followed the recipe pretty closely but added green onions and shredded carrots. Also, if you like spicy you'll have to add a little more crushed red pepper. We did 1/2...
Just the right amount of heat. Next time, I will add more vegetables as there is lots of sauce.
We enjoyed this curry. We added some extra veggies (carrots, red pepper & kale) and used a few less shrimp, but other than that followed the other ingredients. Definitely a keeper. Hunts dice...