Delightful Coconut Almond Bread
Annie Douglass Lima
"After trying someone's coconut bread recipe that didn't turn out well, I changed the proportions, added a few new ingredients, and came up with this version. Delicious! It works well as muffins or bars, too. Just decrease the cooking time and bake until the inside is no longer gooey."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in coconut milk and eggs.
- Mix all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Stir into the butter mixture until batter is thoroughly blended. Fold in coconut and raisins.
- Divide batter evenly between the greased loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool completely before slicing, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute coconut cream for the coconut milk if desired.
- Replace raisins with other dried fruit if desired.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 22.2 46.9 6.1 31 98 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I followed the recipe for the exception of adding chopped almonds and using homemade almond flour. I made muffins and baked them for 28 minutes. Not too sweet but very good and addictive!