Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 55 m servings 169 cals
Original recipe yields 26 servings (26 cookies)
- Beat butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until soft. Beat in 1 cup sugar gradually until mixture is very light and creamy. Beat in sour cream, eggs, and 1 egg yolk. Stir in flour until dough comes together. Stir in baking powder, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
- Divide dough in half; place each half on a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape each half into a 6-inch log of even thickness. Wrap tightly and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Place dough on a flat work surface and let warm up slightly, about 10 minutes. Cut each log into 13 equal sections.
- Roll sections back and forth with your fingers to create 10-inch ropes. Form each rope into a circle; overlap the left end over the right, twisting once, and press into a pretzel shape. Transfer pretzel cookies to the prepared baking sheets.
- Whisk remaining egg yolk in a small bowl; brush over cookies. Sprinkle almonds and 1 tablespoon sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Notes:
- Mix 2 1/4 teaspoons butter with a scant 1/4 cup yogurt for a substitute to the sour cream if desired.
- A mouli grater works well for chopping the almonds.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 9.8 g fat; 18.2 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 50 mg cholesterol; 28 mg sodium. Full nutrition