Ingredients45 m servings 217 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, gently breaking it up after a couple minutes. Allow it to bubble, stirring infrequently, until most of the bubbles have stopped and sausage is firm. Remove from heat.
- Place tomatoes into a bowl. Break into smaller pieces with the back of a fork, if desired.
- Divide dough into 16 small pieces, flattening each into a small circle. Place each circle on prepared baking sheet. Divide tomatoes and then the chorizo among the circles. Top with shredded Monterey Jack and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until dough is golden brown and cheese has melted, 8 to 15 minutes. Check after 8 minutes to ensure chorizo is not burning.
- Top with minced cilantro leaves.
- Cook's Notes:
- Tube chorizo is not the same as the chorizo from over the butcher counter. It tends to turn into almost liquid before it's done. It's also very easy to burn, so keep an eye on it. As soon as it starts to pull together and bubbles have slowed down, it is done.
- This can also be made as one large pizza.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 12.4 g fat; 15.3 g carbohydrates; 10.5 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 620 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Man we Loved this recipe. We tweaked it a little bit by adding a mixed cheese blend and leaving off cilantro. Next time we'll add black olives as well. This will be in our rotation for sure.
I made this recipe last night for my April Allrecipes Allstars? campaign. I gave it 4 stars and here is why. Chorizo is a very strong flavor and it took over the bites. There are not enough othe...
These are perfect for race day parties. I used homemade chorizo because I couldn't find the tubed variety. I also used gluten free pizza dough. These are definitely a snack to prepare with the k...
Simple and fun to make. Get the kids to help making these flavor packed pizzas. Instead of the Monterrey Jack I used a Mexican four cheese blend.