Ingredients20 m servings 226 cals
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine. Add chipotle peppers and Adobo sauce and stir.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth; bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool mixture slightly. Process with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in heavy cream. Adjust salt if necessary. Slowly heat bisque but do not boil. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't find the Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic variety, substitute one can of regular Fire Roasted Tomatoes and add 1 clove of garlic in with the onion.
- You may use a blender instead of an immersion blender to puree the soup; process in two batches if necessary.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 20.2 g fat; 9.5 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 426 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I will start this with I have hated tomato soup since I was a little kid but this may have become my new favorite soup. I thought the spice was perfect, I added some sour cream to my son's to co...
This is very good and super easy to throw together. I had it on the table in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty spicy but that smoky roasted flavor keeps you going back for more. Thank you for t...
3 1 17 ... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/256309/creamy-chipotle-tomato-bisque/ ... Lil Snoo, this is some good soup! :) Changes were slight because ran out: only 1/4c onion, okay, maybe a thir...
Super easy and tasty, it's probably 4-1/2 stars in my book. The chipotle is brilliant; I would actually add more. I didn't realize that the recipe called for tomatoes with garlic, and garlic wo...
Absolutely delicious! I used almond milk instead of heavy cream, and while not as creamy, it is still wonderful. I only used one chipotle and that was perfect amount of spice for me. Topped wit...
Soooo good! Wouldn't change a thing! If you wanted to make this soup for a special occasion you could throw in some lump crab meat at the end after you puree the soup. Delicious!
Really tasty soup! This went really well with our Ham & Cheese Sliders tonight! I'm kind of a spice wimp, so I skipped the chipotle peppers and only used the adobo sauce - which was just right f...
I picked this recipe because it was something out of my "comfort" zone. My 7 year old despises tomatoes and I've never cooked with cumin or adobo sauce. That being said, this recipe turned out g...