Ingredients20 m servings 226
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to combine. Add chipotle peppers and Adobo sauce and stir.
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth; bring to a simmer over low heat. Cover, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool mixture slightly. Process with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in heavy cream. Adjust salt if necessary. Slowly heat bisque but do not boil. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't find the Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic variety, substitute one can of regular Fire Roasted Tomatoes and add 1 clove of garlic in with the onion.
- You may use a blender instead of an immersion blender to puree the soup; process in two batches if necessary.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 20.2 9.5 2.1 61 426 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
3 1 17 ... http://allrecipes.com/recipe/256309/creamy-chipotle-tomato-bisque/ ... Lil Snoo, this is some good soup! :) Changes were slight because ran out: only 1/4c onion, okay, maybe a thir...
Beware! For those who are sensitive to hot, spicy food, this is.....spicy hot! But, in all fairness, I have to say that after we got passed the heat it was really good. I did up the taste a b...
I will start this with I have hated tomato soup since I was a little kid but this may have become my new favorite soup. I thought the spice was perfect, I added some sour cream to my son's to co...
This is very good and super easy to throw together. I had it on the table in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty spicy but that smoky roasted flavor keeps you going back for more. Thank you for t...
Super easy and tasty, it's probably 4-1/2 stars in my book. The chipotle is brilliant; I would actually add more. I didn't realize that the recipe called for tomatoes with garlic, and garlic wo...
Absolutely delicious! I used almond milk instead of heavy cream, and while not as creamy, it is still wonderful. I only used one chipotle and that was perfect amount of spice for me. Topped wit...
Soooo good! Wouldn't change a thing! If you wanted to make this soup for a special occasion you could throw in some lump crab meat at the end after you puree the soup. Delicious!
Really tasty soup! This went really well with our Ham & Cheese Sliders tonight! I'm kind of a spice wimp, so I skipped the chipotle peppers and only used the adobo sauce - which was just right f...