Ingredients2 h servings 546
- Combine turkey, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, smoked and sweet paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, chipotle pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and brush cut sides with olive oil. Place squash cut-side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until squash is soft, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chilled chorizo mixture. Cook and stir, breaking up lumps, until cooked through and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent, stirring constantly. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder, salt, and cumin.
- Stir in beans, corn, diced green chilies, and tomatoes; cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fluff spaghetti squash strands with a fork, keeping them in the shells.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Divide sauce among 4 squash halves. Top each half with 1/4 cup of cheese. Return to baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted 5 to 6 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Per Serving: 546 calories; 16.2 62.5 42.6 100 1600 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Don't let the long list of ingredients sway you from making this recipe. I just so happened to have most of it on hand. Just when I was about to give up trying to like spaghetti squash LilSnoo h...
To make it easier to split the squash, I scored it and cut some small slits in it before microwaving for 5 minutes. I then roasted it as directed. I also prepared the 'chorizo' mostly as directe...
Absolutely amazing! Perfect flavors and was my first time using spaghetti squash. So delicious and the kids loved it! Very filling and totally worth making it.
This was an fabulous dish. Takes a little time to prepare but each bite was phenomenal.
Like another person said, don't let the long list of ingredients put you off. I had all of these on hand. My advice if you don't: build it up gradually, then make this. I LOVED this. I used grou...