Ingredients55 m servings 141
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic on prepared pan; drizzle with olive oil. Roast in preheated oven until peppers are soft and slightly charred, about 20 minutes.
- Heat broth in a large soup pot. Add chopped cilantro, oregano, cumin, sugar, freshly ground pepper, and Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Add roasted peppers, onions and garlic to the tomato mixture. Using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Simmer over low heat until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with Cotija cheese, cilantro and drizzled with lime juice.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 3.8 21.4 3.7 6 1194 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
4.21.17 This soup has real depth of flavor, layer upon layer. The fire roasted tomatoes partner well with the sweet roasted peppers. Followed the recipe, but did add more cumin and some Roas...
12/18/17, a cool, rainy day, my lunch was brightened by this winner of a soup! Healthy and jam-packed with the south-of-the-border flavors I love, this soup is definitely tomato soup on steroid...