Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 298
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Separate florets from broccoli stalks. Remove the outer layer of the broccoli stalks using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, leaving the soft interior of the stalk.
- Bring a 1-quart saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook florets in the boiling water until tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer florets to a bowl of ice water, reserving the boiled water in the saucepan; drain and place florets in a bowl, reserving the ice water.
- Place the broccoli stalks in the reserved boiled water in the saucepan and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer stalks to the reserved ice water; drain.
- Place broccoli stalks and about 2/3 of the florets in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Beat heavy cream, eggs, egg yolk, pepper, and salt together in a bowl until smooth; add to food processor with broccoli mixture and process until well combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat; pour into six 4-ounce ramekins and spread butter around until evenly coated.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish. Pour broccoli mixture into each ramekin. Fill baking dish with hot water until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the ramekins with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is set, about 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir shallots until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add vegetable broth; cook and stir until sauce is slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir remaining broccoli florets until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a plate over each ramekin and flip; remove ramekin to release custard onto plate, using a knife if needed. Spoon shallot sauce over each custard and top with florets.
- Cook's Note:
- Beef broth or veal broth can be used in place of the vegetable broth.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 23.6 17 9.2 166 221 Full nutrition