0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 187
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 large marshmallows)
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar.
- Pour 1/2 cup lukewarm water into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon gelatin on top; stir briefly to combine.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, and salt in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Increase heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 250 degrees F (121 degrees C) on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and, while running, pour the hot sugar syrup in a thin stream down the side of the bowl. Increase speed to high and beat until marshmallow mixture is lukewarm and triples in volume, about 15 minutes. Mix vanilla extract.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan. Press into an even layer with wet hands. Dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Let stand at room temperature, uncovered, until set, 8 hours to overnight.
- Cut marshmallow mixture into desired shapes and toss in remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 187 calories; 0 48.3 0.1 0 62 Full nutrition