Ingredients1 h 46 m servings 473
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sliced potatoes and cook until almost tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle. Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute. Gradually pour in milk, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 1 1/2 cup diced ham and half of the Cheddar cheese sauce. Repeat layering potatoes, ham, and sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 473 calories; 25.9 40.6 20 77 1025 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
1.8.17 I should have followed my gut on this, but I hate to change a recipe, particularly when I’m the first to review it. I see absolutely no reason to parboil the potatoes in this recipe. ...
This will be my go to recipe for scalloped potatoes. I followed the recipe except I didn't have the mustard so I omitted that. I also didn't parboil the potatoes like another reviewer suggested....
I did read the reviews on this recipe. The only two things I did differently from the recipe were not parboiling the potatoes and no mustard (my husband is not a fan of mustard). I used Yukon ...
Soooo yummy, used yellow potatoes and did not preboil them like other reviewers suggested. Next time I might add bacon!
Love this recipe. So easy to make and my mate loves it. Definitely will make again.
Recently made this dish, I didn’t quite follow the recipe as I cook by feel and taste. Also added a Panko bread crumb crust on top.
Great way to use ham. I use 1/2 Velveeta and cheddar as well.
I couldn't find the recipe I used all the time years ago. This one seemed the most like it. One review said they would use more cheese next time. I always find that true of recipes so I upped i...